Friday, 16 June 2017

Currently: June 2017

I have again emerged from strewn papers and copious amounts of tea; I survived exam season for another year! I cannot wait to get back into blogging and enjoying the things that can be sadly put aside when dreaded exams come back to plague us.

I wasn't sure how to re-start blogging and decided on a simple 'currently...' post to update you all. I used to write these quite often but haven't in a long, long time; I guess that is about to change!



WATCHING:
  • 'Reign' on Netflix. This is a new genre for me, it's a period drama/fantasy about the life of Mary Queen of Scots. If you enjoy a bit of cheesiness and a plot packed with action and intertwining stories, I definitely recommend!
  • 'Poldark' has restarted on BBC, which I'm so excited about; I've watched all of the previous series and the first episode was so tense... and so promising!
LISTENING TO:
  • Ed Sheeran's new album... but then again, isn't everyone? My mum calls 'Nancy Mulligan' the happy song and we always sing along to it in the car. 
  • 'The Lion's Roar' album by First Aid Kit; they've been a favourite of mine for a while now. If you enjoy harmonies and the indie sorta vibe you'll enjoy these girls' music. 
  • 'Leaving London' by Steffan Argus. His whole album is great as the lyrics are so well thought out; all of the songs are centred around the story of Peter Pan. Though this one is a firm favourite!
SHOPPING:
  • For Summer clothes! I've recently been shopping with friends to celebrate the end of exams and bought some gorgeous summery pieces... perhaps I'll write a post on them. 
WEARING:
  • Dresses when it's hot, three-quarter jeans when it's not so! Though writing this I'm wearing pyjamas and a jumper; you can't beat comfy clothes whilst writing.
LOVING:
  • The fact that I've finished my exams. 
  • My new Summer dress which is floaty and floral - basically all things good. 
LOOKING FORWARD TO:
  • Spending time with family and friends. 
  • Blogging more often. 

What are you currently up to? I'd love to know in the comments below! x 

19 comments:

  1. I love these sort of posts! I'll have to check out some of those shows on Netflix, too. I rarely watch, mostly because I have no idea what to watch xD

    I hope you have an awesome summer <3

    audrey caylin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad! I can recommend a few: Riverdale, Stranger Things, Reign and Poldark!

      You too, Audrey <3

      ~Lauren x

      Delete
  2. I'm thrilled to see your lovely post, Lauren Emily!
    I hope you're having a wonderful summer. What you're doing currently sounds interesting! Currently I watch anime, and read all sorts of things from manga to classical literature. I love pretty dresses as well <3

    Nadine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nadine, it's lovely to see you're still reading my writing!
      I'm also reading more, I've swapped the revision books for some fiction which always feels good <3

      ~Lauren x

      Delete
  3. Ooh I love to try watching and listening to those. Thanks for sharing! Have a nice summer Lauren :)

    Homed: Life in Sugar & Spice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I recommend! Thank you so much, you too Fiona. :)

      ~Lauren x

      Delete
  4. I was going to start Reign last night, coincidentally, but the How To Get Away With Murder thumbnail was staring at me like 'c'mon, you know you want to' and I'm weak, so...

    But i'll definitely give it a go. I noticed you called Reign 'fantasy' - is there magic in it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I hope you enjoy once you get around to watching it!

      There are hints at magic, but mostly Pagan rituals. There is an element of fantasy due to the fact that they play around with the historical influences; the costumes are certainly not as they would have been (they have more of a fantasy look about them) and they play around with the actual story of Mary Queen of Scots!

      ~Lauren x

      Delete
  5. I'm currently trying (& failing) at finishing up/editing my writings & to be honest, I pretty much been lazy & unable to even look at my writings but I still try, I have a sort of decided that I'll finished at least one piece at the end of the year, sort of.

    I've been watching old tv shows, more like rewatching them & blogging now and then & working & doing my art, so nothing new really.

    nice to hear from you again. have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you will! I always find that I write better if it isn't forced and rather due to a sudden feeling of inspiration or want to do it.

      That sounds lovely. You too, Lissa!

      ~Lauren x

      Delete
  6. It really seems like everyone's been busy. I've recently gotten back to blogging as well. (Also don't you just love Ed Sheeran's Perfect?? This album is honestly too good...) Looking forward to future posts! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it could be the time of year! His album is too good; thank you Jo :)

      ~Lauren x

      Delete
  7. I still haven't watched Reign, but I also love Ed Sheeran's new album! :)

    www.letmecrossover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should give it a go, his album is fab! :)

      ~Lauren x

      Delete
  8. I'm currently being as lazy as possible, I think summer's for laziness but I read books now and then & I still have to work but it's not so bad.

    have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's funny, I just noticed I have already left a comment...

      Delete
    2. Haha - no worries at all, Lissa! Summer is for relaxing; don't worry about it!

      ~Lauren x

      Delete

 
Designed by Beautifully Chaotic