Friday, 11 November 2016

Ten Things People Who Went To A British Primary School Will Understand


Primary School was a pretty rosy time for me. I attended the village school, just a five minutes walk away and lived a somewhat quintessentially British childhood in terms of education.
Here are a few things that just say "Primary School" to me, if any of you can relate, please tell me down below. I'd also be very interested in the education in other countries!

sonja langford // unmorceau.com // free under CC0 1.0 // download

1. The proud moment when you upgraded from writing with a pencil to a blue, Berol pen.

2. Once getting to the last class in the school, you felt like royalty sitting on the bench in assemblies. (The others had to sit on the floor!)

3. Making 'bird's nests' with the cut grass, once the field had been mowed.

4. Wearing a blue, checkered dress in summer, usually paired with white knee high socks.

5. Following the teacher-in-charge at lunch with current best friend in tow, so you could both ring the big copper bell to end lunch.

6. Singing the same songs in every assembly. Popular choices included "He's Got the Whole World in His Hands," and "Cauliflowers Fluffy,"

7. Being asked to take a note to another teacher, and feeling that you have been challenged with taking the ring to Mordor. 

8. The thin blue mats that were meant to cushion your fall in P.E. were very deceptive. 

9. Covering your hands in PVA glue, then peeling it off once it dried was the majority of your art lessons.

10. And finally... If you didn't have everyone's signature on your t-shirt, your last day was a failure!

What do you remember about your time in lower education?

10 comments:

  1. Haha this was such a fun read, even though I can't really relate because 1) I live in America 2) I didn't go to a school #homeschoollife. However I think the bird's nest and drying glue on your hands and peeling it off are universal staples of childhood. Lovely blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you think so! I love America, I've been once but hope to visit much more when I have the funds to do so! I've always been interested about homeschooling, it's something so different to my own experience and therefore intrigues me! Haha I'm sure they are, I think that some memories are shared by the majority, no matter where we live or learn! Thank you so much Hannah <3

      ~Lauren x

      Delete
  2. Oh my gawsh, I just found your blog, and ADORE it!! You are so cute and beautiful! This post was so much fun to read too! I've been homeschooled all my life, and I live in the U.S.of.A so my schoolings been a bit different. I'm not sure if I have any specific memories of things that were done either. At least none that are as interesting to read as yours. ;)
    XOXO
    http://everythingisbetterwithpolkadots.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, you've made my day! Your comment was so adorable, thank you so much for stopping by! <3 I'm sure you have many interesting memories, it's just very hard to retrieve them back after so long!

      ~Lauren x

      Delete
  3. I spent my first years of "school" being homeschooled and started going to an actual school in 3rd grade. But that was an American school so! Can't exactly relate. Nevertheless, great post! It's interesting to see the differences in schools across the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find American schooling so interesting, I've always secretly wondered how similar it is to the famous films we watch in Britain... I'm sure it's probably slightly exaggerated! I went on a skiing holiday to America, I can certainly say you have much cooler school buses than we do! Thank you for commenting, Catalina! <3

      ~Lauren x

      Delete
    2. American elementary school isn't exciting, for me it was boring. Unless you take a look at high school! High school in America has an awesome cool vibe to it.

      Delete
    3. I've always wondered if American high school is like how it is portrayed in films! I'm sure it does, it seems that way. Thank you for commenting!

      ~Lauren x

      Delete
    4. It mostly depends on what high school you go to in America. Elementary and middle school in America is tedious. You're welcome Lauren. <3 x

      Delete
  4. I went to primary school in india and I can relate to most of these things! Btw loove your blog and especially that snow <3
    ~Ritz
    http://theritzblog.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed by Beautifully Chaotic