Sunday, 14 August 2016

How To Keep To Your Blogging Schedule



Most of you will have experienced this... The point in your life when you're already drowning in schoolwork, super busy and just don't feel like sticking to the blogging schedule you promised your readers. Or perhaps you're not busy, but simply keep procrastinating and putting writing off because you can't be bothered and would rather watch television with a large bar of chocolate. Don't worry, I feel ya. I've been there. 



However, recently I've been trying to avoid this by using a few tips and tricks... which I thought I'd share with you!

1. PREPARE FOR BUSY TIMES AHEAD.
Take advantage of those spectacular moments where you're brimming with inspiration and ideas. Write all of it down, and if you're enjoying writing - why stop? I tend to write a few posts in preparation for periods when I know I'll be busy. It works wonders, and future you will be grateful!

2. CREATE A PLEASANT ENVIRONMENT.
Put your favourite playlist on, surround yourself in fairy lights, light some candles... you get me.

3. GET YOUR COMFIES ON. 
Put your pyjama bottoms on, take your makeup off and surround yourself in blankets. Better? Better.

4. KEEP FUEL NEARBY. 
Personal favourite - large mug of tea and the biscuit tin.

5. DON'T SEE WRITING AS A CHORE. 
If you view anything negatively/as a chore, your mind will reject it unless you're in one of those I CAN DO ANYTHING YOU THROW AT ME moods. Therefore, see it as something fun, and as a welcome relief from school/work.

I hope these tips help! How do you stay on top of your blogging schedule?

10 comments:

  1. These are all great tips! I really need to stop seeing blogging as a chore. Whenever I give myself a schedule, even if it's to do something I love, I always find a way to avoid doing it ♥
    Amy xx

    Little Moon Dragon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amy! I'm the same, that's why I've tried to see it as a hobby rather than anything else. It really does work, thank you for commenting <3

      ~Lauren x

      Delete
  2. These are all tips I give myself for motivation! Pj's are almost all I wear while blogging! x

    - Eternalleigh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw I'm glad to hear that, and I'm the same - can't beat the comfort of warm pjs!

      ~Lauren x

      Delete
  3. Great tips! And thanks for stopping by A Friend Loves At All Times and leaving a comment. :)
    ~Emily//A Purpose and A Promise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Emily, and no problem at all! :)

      ~Lauren x

      Delete
  4. Preparing is the best way for me to not get behind. If I have posts ready, I can just publish them without a thought. I like to have a little stock of them, just in case;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do exactly the same - it works wonders! Thank you for commenting, Grace :)

      ~Lauren x

      Delete

 
Designed by Beautifully Chaotic