Sunday, 7 August 2016

A Few Summer Favourites



BEAUTY... 

Benefit "High Beam" Highlighter // I love this highlighter. I purchased it about a year ago and forgot all about it, as I wasn't quite sure how it even worked... However, now I've discovered where to put it, it's a staple in my make-up collection!

No7 "Stay Perfect" Foundation // I'm pale. Even after spending a week in Tenerife, I'm pale. Therefore, until recently I avoided foundation as I was convinced I'd be a laughing stock with an orange face and a white everything else. However, I was then recommended this by a friend and have stuck with it ever since! The lightest shade "Calico," suits my skin tone perfectly and it doesn't cling to the dry patches on my skin... it's fabulous.

STYLE...

Sunglasses // I've had these sunglasses for donkey's years. I've gone through a few pairs in between, but I always come back to these. They were only a few pounds from Peacocks, and therefore considered a winner by me!

Olivia Burton Watch // I've rambled on about this watch on this blog before, so I won't go on too much... I'll just say it's the best, I look forward to putting it on in the morning and say a sad farewell at night.

MISCELLANEOUS...

Spotify // I don't have the funds to spend on music in Itunes and was stuck for an alternative. Then I discovered spotify, an app that has a lot of frustrating advertisements, however is amazing for the price (absolutely free!) and I love being able to create playlists. In fact, I'm listening to my "Relax" one right now! A few favourites are "La Vie En Rose," by Daniela Andrade and "Heartbeats," by Jose Gonzalez.

Mini Cacti // This is a weird and wonderful one, but they had to be included. My friend Katie bought these for me for my birthday and I love them. They sit happily on my window sill and I'm trying to work out how often they need to be watered in Welsh weather... Does anybody know?!

What have you been enjoying this Summer?


20 comments:

  1. I want to try that foundation! I'm so pale, I always struggle with figuring out a shade. It seems I find the perfect one, and then after a week it's too dark. XD Am I just getting paler, or what??
    I wish I could help with the cacti, but I'm horrible with plants- my succulent just died. No green thumb here haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I recommend it, Grace! I'm usually the same, but this is perfect for my skin tone - even in the winter when I am extremely pale. :)
      Aw I'm sorry that your plant died! I think I'll water them once a week and hope for the best... Thank you for commenting <3

      ~Lauren x

      Delete
  2. I really want to try that foundation! It's so hard to find in the US though, I will have to purchase online:)

    The Daily Delicacy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fabulous Hannah! Ah, I'm sure you'll find it easily online though.. it may even be slightly cheaper! Thank you for reading <3

      ~Lauren x

      Delete
  3. Heard so much about that foundation and would love to give it a try! That mini cacti is so cute!!! =)


    - Cielo
    Mermaid in Heels

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is an amazing foundation, I love it! Thank you, they're lovely aren't they? :)

      ~Lauren x

      Delete
  4. I really do love High Beam, it's one of my all time favourites xx

    Gemma ♡ Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a beautiful highlighter :)

      ~Lauren x

      Delete
  5. I love Spotify too! I always find amazing songs on there :)

    Blessings,
    Edye | Http://gracefulcoffee.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same. I have discovered so many songs through Spotify, it is a great place to do so! :)

      ~Lauren x

      Delete
  6. I adore how everyone's been so active on their blogs this summer! Such a great post as always.
    peridotcove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So am I, and I'm loving being active on my blog! I hope I can continue with this schedule when I start school again. Thank you lovely <3

      ~Lauren x

      Delete
  7. I'm not a beauty blogger but I just love your posts and photos! Your photography is fantastic - what camera do you use? Great blog!

    Katie // www.storiesandsnapshots.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Katie, I'm not really a beauty blogger. My blog is more of a lifestyle genre as I do a bit of everything! That means so much, thank you! I use a Canon 1200D to take my photographs. :)

      ~Lauren x

      Delete
  8. I'm obsessed with small cacti they are literally so cute! I'd say watering them once a week is enough! And your photography is so pretty btw! x

    - Eternalleigh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are adorable, aren't they?! I think I'll stick to watering them once a week and see how I get on. :) Thank you so much, that means a lot!

      ~Lauren x

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. It is, isn't it?! Thank you for commenting, Clara. :)

      ~Lauren x

      Delete
  10. These all sound lovely! I'd like to try that highlighter ♥
    Amy xx

    Little Moon Dragon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amy! It is a lovely highlighter ♥

      ~Lauren x

      Delete

 
Designed by Beautifully Chaotic