Sunday, 31 July 2016

My Favourite Quotes & Why






"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

One of the reasons for me liking this particular quote is because it was the first one I was introduced to, by my Dad, when I was quite little. He said that I'd begin to realise this more as I grew up, and I think I have over the years.

"There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing." - Aristotle

I am a "people pleaser." I care far too much about peoples' opinions of me, even when I do not have much respect for them. I think this quote is both motivating and encouraging. It simply means you won't get anywhere without being criticised - and perhaps that is very true.

"When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down 'happy.' They told me I didn't understand the assignment, I told them they didn't understand life." - John Lennon

I love this quote, so much so that I wrote it out, added a few flowers and entered it into a photography competition (many moons ago) on this blog.

"If you're sad, add more lipstick and attack." - Coco Chanel 

I remind myself of this when I'm feeling low... Then proceed to applying lots of lipstick and heading out with a smile and my "determined walk," (as named by my friends!)

"If we wait until we're ready, we'll be waiting until the rest of our lives." - Lemony Snicket 

This one is important, I think we all struggle to pop the bubble named "comfort zone," we spend too much of our time in. I've really realised this Summer that you only live once, and therefore you should never let anything hold you back. (Unless it's death, or puts you in any serious physical or emotional danger... perhaps you can wait for that one a little bit!)

This was something a bit different - what'd you think?
What are you favourite quotes? 

18 comments:

  1. I love these quotes! My favorite quote is, "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear. The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all." from the Princess Diaries. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Aw that's such a lovely quote, thank you for sharing Grace <3

      ~Lauren x

      Delete
  2. Those are all great quotes. I especially love the second and third. Thanks for sharing :)

    -T.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quotes, Lauren. I used to love Lemony Snicket when I was younger, and that quote always make me get all fluttery :)

    My favourite quote would have to be "Life is like a bicycle: to keep your balance, you must keep moving" - Albert Einstein.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sunset! I love Lemony Snicket too. :)
      That is such a lovely quote. I think all the ones by Albert Einstein are great, but that one is definitely a new favourite!

      ~Lauren x

      Delete
  4. Yess Coco Chanel! I love this quote because I feel like it's so empowering to women. We can do anything men can do, but in lipstick and heels! ;) gave you a follow :)

    The Daily Delicacy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Thank you so much Hannah :)

      ~Lauren x

      Delete
  5. I love this one that you shared, "If we wait until we're ready, we'll be waiting until the rest of our lives." I totally like that. I often don't feel like I'm "qualified" to be writing or ready or know enough, but I just have to go for it. That's how I'm going to learn and grow. ;)

    I love the line from one of Twenty One Pilot's song, "Life has a hopeful undertone." Because often life seems rather hopeless, so I love to remember that. <3

    Awesome post!

    // katie grace
    a writer's faith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you. I full well know that my writing is not as good as so many other authors out there, but by practising it is getting better!
      That's a beautiful quote, it's very important to remember that when times get tough. Will keep that in mind <3

      Thank you so much! :)

      ~Lauren x

      Delete
  6. I love all of theses quotes! Thank you for this post, it was a perfect way to start my morning ♥
    Amy xx

    Little Moon Dragon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Amy, I'm so glad you enjoyed. Have a lovely day! ❤

      ~Lauren x

      Delete
  7. I LOVE THIS POST IDEA. Quotes are very near and dear to my heart...ahahaa :) But I love how you broke down each quote and said why you liked them. These are all so interesting in their own way. Thanks for sharing <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Autumn, I'm so glad you do! I'm the same, my "quotes" board on Pinterest is rather full now.. Aw no problem, thank you for taking the time to comment! <3

      ~Lauren x

      Delete
  8. I really like the third one and the last one. The last one is so true. Thanks for sharing! I love this idea by the way.
    Ellie R.
    www.uniquelyyou1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are lovely, no problem - I'm so glad you do! :)

      ~Lauren x

      Delete
  9. I have so many favourite quotes, but the ones I quote most often would be ones from books or movies that make other people laugh, Like quoting from the Princess Bride, or other cool books. I also like many quotes by C. S. Lewis, from all his different books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sound fab, thank you for commenting Clare!

      ~Lauren x

      Delete

 
Designed by Beautifully Chaotic