Sunday, 17 July 2016

DIY Party Decorations



In May, I held a party to celebrate both my birthday and the end of exams. Like many, I did not have an infinite budget and therefore headed to Pinterest for some inspiration. This is what I created...












FLOWERS // To make these, I used old tins. I started by washing them in warm, soapy water so the labels would come off and reveal the shiny surface underneath. I then walked around the woods nearby and searched for wild flowers as pictured above. (Don't worry, all flowers that were not in abundance and would be missed were not picked - the pansy is one that had fallen in my Mum's garden!)

PAPER BUNTING // I printed this from Pinterest and was amazed at the quality. You can select your letters and print as many as you choose, all at no expense whatsoever! Click here if you would like to print your own bunting. 

RIBBON BUNTING // I made this by tying bits of old fabric, that my Mum (an avid sewer) did not need anymore, onto string. I tried to colour co-ordinate and decided upon reds, whites and pinks. My favourite scraps were the red gingham and the strawberry print. To pad the fabric out, I used ribbons of different widths to add some variety.

RECORD PLAYER // This was the source of music for the party, a favourite was a Beatles vinyl as most knew at least a few of the songs. (Can't beat the classics like "Yellow Submarine"!) However, if you do not have a record player, simply use any music you'd like! Possibly by amplifying phone music, or using a CD player etc...

BALLOONS // There were balloons EVERYWHERE in my garden, just tie them in all the random places you can find and watch as your surroundings transform into a plethora of party madness!

If you'd like to view my main source of inspiration, here is the Pinterest board I created for the event.

I hope you enjoyed reading and can take some ideas from my creations, how do you like to decorate your house for celebrations?

18 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Nabila, I'm so glad you think so!

      ~Lauren x

      Delete
  2. These look gorgeous!! Isn't Pinterest the best? I'm trying to convince myself to have a Sweet Sixteen, and if I do I may borrow a few of these ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Grace! If you do, get in touch - I'd love to see your take on my ideas!

      ~Lauren x

      Delete
  3. What a beautifully themed party. Your decorations are stunning and inspiring.
    Thanks for posting, I really enjoyed this.

    -T.
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment Tane, I'm so glad you think so. :)

      ~Lauren x

      Delete
  4. This party looked gorgeous! Your decorations are amazing, they look so cute. I love the flowers the best, and all of the others come a very close second! Great post!
    Paige xo // The Joys of Being Paige

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Paige! I loved the flowers as well, glad you enjoyed reading. :)

      ~Lauren x

      Delete
  5. Your sweet sixteen is so beautifully themed! Now you make me want to host my own sweet sixteen, which isn't too far away! >.<

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Morning, go for it! I highly recommend :)

      ~Lauren x

      Delete
  6. Love these photos, and the decorations are so sweet and vintage! x

    Katie // https://www.storiesandsnapshots.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. where were you when I need to decorate for my graduation party! loving the pink!

    You're blog is awesome and I would love if you checked out mine! I'm new to the blogging world and I want to make some new friends here! major-undecided.blogspot.com

    -dez

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I'm sure your decorations were gorgeous anyway!
      Thank you, I will have a look at your new blog. :)

      ~Lauren x

      Delete
  8. I am so glad you commented on my post because I LOVE your blog!! Totally following :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Aaliyah, I am currently in the process of improving and changing my
      blog - I'm so glad you like it and will look forward to hearing from you again soon. :)

      ~Lauren x

      Delete
  9. Like that idea of tying bits of old fabric. Looks so colourful.

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed by Beautifully Chaotic