Sunday, 3 April 2016

Self Expression



noun
  1. the expression of one's feelings, thoughts, or ideas, especially in writing, art, music, or dance.
    "they create art primarily for their own enjoyment and self-expression"



How do you express yourself?

Perhaps it's in the words you write, the notes you sing, the lines you paint or the sentences you write. 

Maybe it's simply the effect you have on others or the words you speak to demonstrate your opinion. 

I see self expression like concentrated orange squash.  Sometimes lifestyle, work, grades and people's expectations dilute your self expression, life is the water. 

However, sometimes people don't let the squash become too diluted. Some like their drinks strong and therefore do not let too much water mask the sickly-sweet taste. 

All of us are creative in our own ways, and therefore we show it in different ways. Some people are lucky enough to become successful and live from these talents, however some are not. 

But, no matter where life leads you, remember not to mask your self expression. Never let society tell you what you can and can't do. 

And last of all, never put something that others may deem as more important and respectable ahead of this. 

16 comments:

  1. Oh my....this......
    Beautiful and inspiring! Great message<3
    I express myself mostly through my music. If I'm stressed or sad about something, I find solace in playing the piano. Its very relaxing and refreshing to me, and I can find peace in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Clara <3 I'm the same, I always go and play the piano when I'm upset. It always seems to calm me down!

      ~Lauren x

      Delete
  2. That's so true! I also play piano, also I can play violin and write poems. Having many creative outlets makes me an intellectual person.
    Self expression is very important. I like how you view self expression, and I agree that there are too many things that get in the way of truly expressing yourself.
    We have so many beliefs in common! I recently found your blog, and I really like your style!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is important. Aw thank you, I'm glad you like my writing!

      ~Lauren x

      Delete
  3. beautifully put :)

    thank you for your lovely comment on my blog. I gave you a follow ;)

    have a great day, beautiful <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) And thank you for following, you've made my day, welcome Faith!
      You too <3

      ~Lauren x

      Delete
  4. What an inspiring post! I think I express myself my showing others the importance of dreams. I'm a total supporter for wild and crazy dreams and I try to encourage others to step outside of their little, comfortable bubble and truly shine. It's so gratifying to know that something i may have said something has had an impact on someone else's life (ahh that was unintentionally deep sorry about that...) Anyways lovely post once again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm so glad you think so! That's beautiful, I guess that is why I blog, having a positive impact on people is such a rewarding thing. To think that my writing inspires people is a dream!
      Haha don't worry, there's nothing wrong with that! Thank you for your lovely comment Emily <3

      ~Lauren x

      Delete
  5. This is so beautifully written!! I express myself through writing and dance, they're two of my favorite things in the world. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Grace! I love dancing also, that's lovely :)

      ~Lauren x

      Delete
  6. This is so true! Thank you for writing this. <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. i find writing and music and calligraphy/handlettering the main ways that i express my creativity! beautiful post and great reminder <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to learn calligraphy, the precision of the letters is mesmerising!
      Thank you so much Elisabeth <3

      ~Lauren x

      Delete

 
Designed by Beautifully Chaotic