Sunday, 10 April 2016

9 Things Every Girl Should Know




1. Life isn't all about work, you need to find the balance. Life is far too short to be cooped up indoors all day, every day revising for that test you have next week. Work to achieve your potential, but don't allow this to waste your days away. Go and have a great time with your favourite people!

2. Success will come. Look at the famous actors, authors and celebrities we see today. If you asked them, you would probably find they all had hurdles to cross to get to where they are today. If you feel the sensation of failing, remind yourself everyone has to experience this to succeed.

3. Expensive makeup isn't always the answer. The best concealer I've ever used? Collection concealer at £4.19.

4. Things will work out. Take yourself back to a time when you had an argument with "Sally" in Primary/Elementary School and everything seemed like the end of the world. Does that still seem the case?

5. Everyone has insecurities. When you look in the mirror and point out every spot and unwanted freckle you have, or the fact that your eyebrows look bushy today. Remember, even cover models look in the mirror and think the same as you. You are not alone, but don't let these insecurities engulf you in negativity

6. People's lives on social media aren't truthful. The perfect photographs you see have been filtered and are depicting the best parts. Everyone is human, like you.

7. It's okay to eat... lots! Next time you're watching a film, debating whether to unwrap your last Easter egg, do it! You're allowed calories!

8. It's okay to have a good old cry. Even if you don't really have a reason for it - blame it on hormones!

9. It's pretty fab being a girl. Yes, we have the worst share of quite a few things (time on the month, need I go on?) However, you are strong and should be proud of how far we, as women have come in history.

What would you add to this list?

20 comments:

  1. I can't seem to get GFC to work, but I'm attempting to follow again later. Don't know what's up with it! Anyways, this is such a great list- I loved it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Grace! A few people have had this problem recently, I think it works better if you click on the two squares in the top right hand corner then follow from there. I hope that works!

      ~Lauren x

      Delete
    2. Yay! I'm so glad :)

      ~Lauren x

      Delete
  2. Great advice, Lauren! So glad I found your blog <3

    Blessings,
    Edye // Gracefulcoffee.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you Edye, you're so sweet <3

      ~Lauren x

      Delete
  3. Firstly, nice photo - such a variety of wildflowers! Did you take it?

    This is an encouraging list, and so true! It's easy to think negatively about life, and worry about the future (for me anyway!), but as you mentioned everybody who has achieved success has been through hard times. Things improve if we hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I did take this photograph!

      Thank you, I'm glad you think so <3

      ~Lauren x

      Delete
  4. all very nice advice and not just for a girl but the last one, it's sort of on and off for me - I can't it's true all the time.

    I can't think of naything to add though. anyway, have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lissa! And thank you for your feedback, I guess you are right and some are stronger than others.

      You too. <3

      ~Lauren x

      Delete
  5. This was such a thoughtful post! So true!<3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aaaah beautiful new blog and beautiful post! Such great advice as usual <3
    -Anna
    www.demigodsandunicornsblog.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Anna, you're so sweet!<3

      ~Lauren x

      Delete
  7. This was great!! I really need to read this today. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for you lovely comment Shelby, I'm so glad this helped you!

      ~Lauren x

      Delete
  8. Wow this is the best!! I agree with everything on that list with all my heart. Love it! <3 <3

    Grace
    golden halcyon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Grace!

      ~Lauren x

      Delete
  9. I'm still worried that things won't work out... I have social anxiety and it eats up my confidence like chocolate muffins.

    I do have insecurities and even though I know everyone has them.. it's hard when I see people who are so pretty. I feel intimidated by them!

    I like eating a lot. I don't gain much weight, anyway. So I'm lucky xD

    Also, thanks for visiting my blog! Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely in love with this!
    Your writing is so beautiful and inspiring, wonderful thoughts!
    -Lauryn
    www.ElegantChances.com

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed by Beautifully Chaotic