Tuesday, 15 March 2016

What Makes Me Happy?




What makes me happy? What makes you happy? Happiness is a fundamental thing in all of our lives, and therefore when I saw that I was tagged by the lovely Sophia to do the "Happy Tag" I could not resist. 

Words

Cwtch - Welsh, a cuddle or hug.
Cosy - A feeling of comfort, warmth and relaxation. 
Epiphany - A moment of sudden and great revelation or realization.
Felicity - Intense happiness.
Plethora - A large amount of something. 
Ripple - A small wave.
Sumptuous -  Splendid and expensive looking.

Books

Childhood favourites:
The Magical Faraway Tree // Enid Blyton
The Famous Five Books // Enid Blyton
Hetty Feather // Jacqueline Wilson
Matilda // Roald Dahl

Now:
Harry Potter and The Philosopher's Stone // JK. Rowling
The Shopaholic Series // Sophia Kinsella
All I Know Now // Carrie Hope Fletcher
The Naturals // Jennier Lynn Barnes

Scents

Mum's chocolate brownies baking
Freshly cut grass 
Wood burning
Lavendar
Old books

Films

Childhood favourites:
Mary Poppins
The Sound of Music

Now:
We'll Take Manhattan
The Glass Virgin
Pride and Prejudice
Kingsman
Kinky Boots 

Miscellaneous 

Pretty dresses
Fluffy socks
Sailing
Floppy hats
Christmas
The stroking tick of grandfather clocks 
Tea 
National Trust houses
Long drives at night

Thank you for reading. What makes you happy?

20 comments:

  1. What makes me happy is reading about what makes you happy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so sweet Nabila, you always make me smile with your lovely comments!

      ~Lauren x

      Delete
  2. I love all of the words that you love! :) I'm going to add them to my lexicon (I'm a huge sucker for words). Eeep!

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you do, they are lovely sounding. :)
      Thank you for your comment Morning!

      ~Lauren x

      Delete
  3. Fun post, girl! <3 Love your film choices! Pride and Prejudice is a wonderful one.

    Sophia xx | lantern-in-her-hand.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sophia, and thank you for tagging me to do this!

      ~Lauren x

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Ah I'm glad, thank you Grace :)

      ~Lauren x

      Delete
  5. lovely list. almost all of it would be on my happy list also. though I never could like Mary Poppins for some reason & I guess because I've not really a fan of musicals.

    hope you have a lovely march.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Ah each to their own, I personally love musicals but I know many that don't!

      ~Lauren x

      Delete
  6. Long drives at night are the BEST! Especially if you have good music to listen to :)

    Blessings,
    Edye // Gracefulcoffee.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are, and that is a must! :)

      ~Lauren x

      Delete
  7. This is awesome! So fun to read!<3
    -Clara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Clara! I'm so glad you enjoyed ♥

      ~Lauren x

      Delete
  8. It was really interesting to read your favorite words! Epiphany is one of my favorites, too!
    -Jollygirl @ Reflections of a Jolly Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it is a lovely sounding word!

      ~Lauren x

      Delete
  9. I LOVEEEEDDDD Matilda growing up, the movie and the book. I love the smell of lavender and burning wood and especially freshly cut grass, but to add to the list I love the smell of sunscreen, it takes me back to the beach, with not a worry on my mind!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah that is a fab one, I would've had that on the list if I'd have thought! Can't beat the seaside <3

      ~Lauren x

      Delete
  10. Just found your blog, and I love it! Your design is beautiful.
    Can't wait to keep reading!

    Rebekah
    Winds From the Heart|www.windsfromtheheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you Rebekah, that's so sweet!
      I'll look forward to hearing from you <3

      ~Lauren x

      Delete

 
Designed by Beautifully Chaotic