Sunday, 6 March 2016

The Writing Process





Sits down, brushes hair back. 
Game face on, you are going to write a good post this week. 
But what do I write about?
Beauty? Inspiration? Lifestyle? 
...I need a cup of tea... 
Sits back down.
...And a biscuit... 
Right, come on. You were doing so well last week.
Hair is far too distracting. 
Puts it in a ponytail, sits back down. 
Glasses, where are you?
Puts glasses on.
Now you have no excuses, write something! 
Writes title, and first two lines. 
Great, now what next?
I don't have a clue. 
Deletes previously typed words. 
It's been half an hour and you are still sitting in front of a blank post. 
Searches Pinterest for inspiration. 
Ends up pinning more than a few photos - they're definitely too good not to... 
Closes the Pinterest tab.
Now, what are you going to write?
Starts typing, finally. 

What is your writing process?
Also, I'm thinking of doing a Q&A post next week, please comment with your questions!

16 comments:

  1. Loved reading this post, it was so unique! xx
    www.blossomofhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laura, I'm glad you think so!

      ~Lauren x

      Delete
  2. Creating great content can be hard, getting down to writing follows a process. But in the end, when there's nothing to write....write anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely can be! I agree, sometimes inspiration can come to you suddenly during the writing process... However, if I can't create content that doesn't mean anything - I tend not to.
      Thank you for your comment!

      ~Lauren x

      Delete
  3. This is so true it's unbelievable!
    Paige xo // The Joys of Being Paige

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you Paige, I'm glad somebody else has the same procrastination problems as me!

      ~Lauren x

      Delete
  4. This is me for literally everything I do. #relatable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I'm glad you can relate to it Ella!

      ~Lauren x

      Delete
  5. So true, every time. I may do a novel version of this on my blog...giving you credit, of course ;)
    Oh yay, a Q&A! Hm, here are a few questions...(let me know if you need more).
    1. What is your favorite kind of tea?
    2. If you had to have any fictional character as your sibling, which character would you choose?
    3. Would you rather live in a place with extremely cold temperatures or extremely hot temperatures?

    Lovely post, as usual <3
    -Anna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feel free Anna, I'd love to read it!
      Oooh thank you for your amazing questions, you're the first one!
      Thank you so much ♥

      ~Lauren x

      Delete
  6. Hello can I ask a question too :)

    What keeps you going through the tough times in life?

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your fab question, Seeta!

      ~Lauren x

      Delete
  7. Fun post, Lauren! <3

    Here's my question: Do you have a camera? If so, what type/brand and what lenses?

    Sophia xx | lantern-in-her-hand.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and thank you for your question Sophia! ♥

      ~Lauren x

      Delete
  8. I can so relate to this! Sometimes I sit for an hour staring at my computer waiting for ideas to come. Good to know I'm not alone :)

    Blessings,
    Edye // Gracefulcoffee.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So am I, thank you for your comment Edye!

      ~Lauren x

      Delete

 
Designed by Beautifully Chaotic