Sunday, 7 February 2016

The Good Day Guide


We all have our bad days, unfortunately that is an inevitable fact of life. 
Being a student wallowing amongst revision, exams and having to wake up five days a week to a school day (usually composed of stress and questionable advice) this can be a pretty hard task sometimes. 

Due to this, I have managed to come up with a few ways which help me have a better day...

1. Don't focus on the bad things. 
This is certainly easier said than done. I am a person who is forever focusing on the less than good things much more than I'd like to. However, when you feel like you're surrounded, try and revert your mind to the things that make you happy.

2. Start your day feeling postive. 
Don't get me wrong, I am definitely one of "those" people who roll out of bed and reply with nothing but grunts in those awful early mornings. However, recently I have found it very helpful to tell myself I will have a good day. I think some of us underestimate how much our mental states control us, sometimes!

3. Eat chocolate. 
Calories don't matter when you're feeling a little down in the dumps - rule.

4. Drink tea. 
There is something so relaxing about a mug of hot tea, especially with your nose buried in your favourite book. 

5. Watch a Disney film 
Disney is not compulsory! Any film that you watched religiously as a child is sure to cheer you up.
"Mary Poppins," and "The Sound of Music," are some of my favourites.

6. Pamper yourself
By this, I don't mean making an effort. (Unless you'd like to!)
I find that if I'm feeling a bit gloomy and groggy, a shower and fresh clothes help an enormous amount.

7. Remind yourself you are lucky 
You, the person reading this now. You are lucky! Why, you ask?
You have people who love and care for you, and the ability to follow your dreams.
Don't let the small things get you down, the people who upset and hurt you are not worth it.
Surround yourself with only good things, and you will go far.   

8 comments:

  1. "Calories don't matter when you're feeling a little down in the dumps - rule." Girl, your tips are fabulous! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, Disney is a must. Chocolate never hurts, either. :) I love this post! You are so right; it is way better to focus on the positive things instead of wallowing in our sorrows. And we really are so lucky! Thanks for sharing this list, I definitely needed it. :)
    -Bailey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bailey, I'm so glad it helped! And thank you so much for following also, hopefully you won't regret it!

      ~Lauren x

      Delete
  3. yes, definitely 3 and 4 but I think watching a favorite movie is better for me, as I find most disney movies not all that fun the fourth or fifth time around, although it's always fun to watch beauty & the beast again, fast forward the singing that is.

    have a sweet day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Any film will suffice, as long as it helps! Thank you Lissa

      ~Lauren x

      Delete
  4. I am going to save this because I will need it the next time my brain decides, "today sucks and your life sucks as well." I tend to focus on the bad things too and forget all of the wonderful things, but these are some great tips, Lauren! Love this post <3
    -Anna
    http://demigodsandunicorns.weebly.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it helps when the time comes, thank you Anna! <3

      ~Lauren x

      Delete

 
Designed by Beautifully Chaotic